How to articles, tips, and training videos for creating and maintaining a professional quality Personal Academic Website / Research Blog on WordPress. Plus advice on how to grow readers and subscribers and increase your academic impact.
Five years after I built my own Personal Academic Website, I started to build one for my wife who is also an academic. As I do so, I’m going to describe all the steps I take, and procedures I go through, so you can follow my journey and use my experience to help you build your own research blog or personal academic website.
If you’re not sure or remain unconvinced why having a website or research blog is good for your academic career, then you might like to read this article first. [Why you need a personal academic website].
Similarly, if you wonder why you need a personal website when your University provides you with a Faculty web page, you might like to read my article comparing Faculty Web Pages vs a Personal Academic Website
Articles and Tips
Why Build a Personal Academic Website?
- How journal editors (and all academics) can benefit from social media – talk by Andy Miah
- Personal Academic Websites Versus Faculty Web Pages
Building an Email List
- Email Newsletter Design with ConvertKit and MailerLite
- How to Make a Feedback Form for Posts or Products by adding the Referer Page in Contact Form 7
- How to integrate Ninja Forms with ConvertKit
- How to Choose an Email Marketing Service for your Small Business
- How to integrate Restrict Content Pro with ConvertKit
- How to integrate Contact Form 7 with ConvertKit